In just a few minutes, you could become a replacement-wiper-blades-fitting-wizard. Learn how in this short video.
For your safety, your wipers need to be in the best condition. Here’s how to check and replace them:
- First, turn on your ignition. Your engine doesn’t need to be running.
- Next turn on your wipers. When they’re upright, turn them off.
- Now turn off your ignition.
- Pull up the wiper stalk and wipe the blades with a damp cloth.
- To check the blades, run your fingers along the window facing edge.
- If the blades feel rough or hard, they need to be replaced.
- TOP TIP: Are your wipers juddering, squeaking, or not clearing your windscreen properly? If so, then they need replacing.
- TOP TIP: Buy the recommended wiper blades from your Ford Parts Dealer and they’ll fit them free of charge.
- To remove the old blade, hold it by the connector, press the locking button and pull the old wiper out.
- TOP TIP: While the blade’s off, put a cloth under the stalk. This can help prevent your windscreen getting scratched.
- Putting a new blade on is easy: just follow the removal instructions in reverse.
- Push the new blade into the stalk. The locking button ‘clicks’ when it’s in the right position.
- Now for the rear…
- Hold the stalk and end of the blade firmly. Twist and snap the blade out. It’s normal for this to take some effort!
- To fit a new blade, start by holding the top of the stalk.
- Position the blade correctly, then click it in with your thumbs.
That’s how easy it is to change your wiper blades.
But if there’s anything you’re not sure about, just ask your Ford Dealer.
And if you find this video useful, check out the others in our ‘How to…’ series: it’s designed to help you keep your Ford in top condition and make best use of its many features.